An internship has just opened up at the Rubin Museum for the Spring Semester, starting ASAP!
Education Internship: Research and Social Media
Commitment: 10 Hours per week
Schedule: Monday/Tuesday/Friday-Flexible Hours
Description: Seeking an intern to assist with a variety of museum related research projects and documenting, editing, and preparing media for distribution on Education related social media sites (web, blog, facebook, tubmlr).
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Web and publication research on certain areas related to Museums and Education issues.
- Documenting Education Events via photography or video
- Downloading and formatting media
- Preparing media for Web, Blog, Tumblr, Facebook posts and articles
Candidate must be highly organized, able to work independently, and have a positive, flexible attitude. Experience with Microsoft Office, WordPress, iPhoto, Photoshop, Flickr, and other digital media a plus.
Rubin Museum of Art Overview:
Rubin Museum of Art is home to a comprehensive collection of art from the Himalayas and surrounding regions. Through changing exhibitions and an array of engaging public programs, the Rubin Museum offers opportunities to explore the artistic legacy of the Himalayan region and to appreciate its place in the context of world cultures. For more information, please visit: www.rmanyc.org
Interns in all museum departments are invited to participate several group activities per semester:
- Brown-bag lunches: staff guests discuss their jobs as well as their educational, professional, and artistic backgrounds allowing interns to learn about various museum departments and careers.
- Private tours of NYC cultural organizations: these trips are designed to expose interns to the broader New York City arts world, as well as the field of Himalayan studies. Past tours have included: Asia Society, ICP, Latse Contemporary Tibetan Cultural Library, and CUE Art Foundation.
All internships are unpaid. Academic requirements may be fulfilled by arrangement with the individual college or university. Rubin Museum interns receive the following benefits:
- Free admission at museums across the country
- 10% discount in the Café @ RMA
- 25% discount on most items in the Shop @ RMA
- Free admission to most RMA programs when/if available
- 10% discount on selected RMA programs
- Invitation to an annual appreciation event
How to apply:
Please write a one-page cover letter which specifies (1) which internships you are applying for, (2) your relevant qualifications, (3) your interest in the Rubin Museum of Art, and (4) your availability (days/times).
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org