Deadline: 6pm EST on Wednesday, May 30, 2012
This new program provides one deserving curator with the necessary time and resources to realize an innovative project, with the aim of encouraging curatorial research in tandem with exhibition planning. CUE will provide institutional guidance to the curator, who will produce a group exhibition in CUE’s space with related public programming and an accompanying exhibition catalogue in June 2013.
– group show proposals that are conceptually rigorous and focus on artists, projects, and themes that are innovative, challenging, and engaging
– a clearly demonstrated, unique, and creative approach to both curatorial research methods and the exhibition plan
– ideas that are not well represented in the commercial sector.
– proposals must include four or more artists, half of whom must qualify as under-recognized
– curators may not include their own work in the exhibition
– extra consideration will be given to those who are in the beginning stages of their curatorial careers
– applicant must reside in NYC, or be capable of making arrangements in the area; selected applicant will be required to attend meetings with the CUE staff throughout the year
– we welcome proposals that contribute to our on-going commitment to diversity