November 20, 2012
POSITION: Data Entry Staff, Part Time, Temporary until June 30th 2013, with possibility of renewal. 11-14 hours per week/No benefits.
DEPARTMENT: Registrar’s Office
- Previous experience with The Museum System, using Objects and Constituents modules, or other collections database experience
- Bachelor’s degree in art, art history or related field
- Ability to perform accurate data entry, meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Visual acuity required; ability to read a variety of handwriting and typewritten documents
- Ability to meet deadlines, follow editorial and format guidelines and focus on detailed work in a fast-paces open office environment
- Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Knowledge of MS Access and Excel preferred.
Will be supervised by Records Manager, Registrar’s Office. Responsibilities include:
- Updating object and location information in the collections database per the Museum’s format guidelines
- Data clean-up projects to standardize information per format guidelines
- Entry of exhibition checklists and new object information from a variety of sources and documents
- Image linking
- Basic office tasks such as filing, photocopying, email correspondence and answering phone calls when related to data entry tasks
- Other database-related projects to be performed as assigned
11-14 hours per week (between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday)
STARTING DATE: Immediate
To Apply: Mail cover letter and resume to CT, Registrar’s Office, Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, New York 11238-6052. NO CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE.
Applicants for positions at the Brooklyn Museum are considered without regard to race, creed, color, country of origin, sex, age, citizenship, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.